Monday, August 12, 2013

Photo Essay

     As I experience GLPS camp at KMLA, I took pictures so I can remember the good memories. I tried to catch the natural moments of my life here and hope it can help me recall the time here later.



 Picture of our break time.

    This is a picture of break time between yoga classes. Even though our body were not flexible and it hurt to stretch our bodies as far as we could, we tried our best. The most fascinating moment in yoga class was the energy class. We breathed in and out with our noses and imagined our breaths being collected in the palms of our hands. We could really feel something on our hands.







Picture of Minjok Building

  This building is where we learn writing, Minjok Building. Here, we write our first drafts of  our new posts and learn new styles of writing, and we then go to the English Building to  post them on our blogs. Writing class helps us interact with each other by commenting on each other's blogs.


Picture of the sky and the ceiling of Dasan Building






    In Dasan Building, us, Class 16, learn math and debate. It is also where we have our advisory class the first thing in the morning. The reason I took a photo of this building is that it is where we start our day, by going to advisory class. It might be difficult to go down the small "mountain" we go up and down every day, it is still and exercise.


A Picture of sign-up sheet.

On Saturday, when our parents come to see us show what we have been doing, we have to sign up our family for lunch. This is a picture of that sign-up sheet. This sign up sheet have  been up on the white board of Ms.Hughey, our adviser teacher's class for two days and we have to sign up.

Picture of Dasan and Choong-Mu building from the gym.

     To go to the gym, we have to go a long way. There is a small "mountain", as I said before, and we have to "hike" over it to get to the gym. As I was "hiking" up the "mountain",  saw the Choong-Mu and the Dasan Building next to each other like brothers and sisters. Thus, I took a picture of it.I like how the color of the sky and the color of the two buildings match each other. 

Picture of our vending machine at Dasan Building.







Since we have seven periods every day, we become hungry. Therefore, KMLA has a vending machine in every building for students to buy drinks. Thanks to this vending machine, we can overcome some hungriness.




     I have tried to take the most natural things from KMLA, short for Korean Minjok Leadership Academy. Most of them, I took while break time, when every one are so playful. I hope these pictures help the readers to realize the life here at GLPS camp.

2 comments:

  1. Your photo essay specifically shows how you lived in GLPS. I especially liked the photos you took from the yoga class. :) However, your essay could have been better if you had included imagery or simile. For example, you could have written the sentence, "Thanks to this vending machine, we can overcome some hungriness." into "Thanks to this vending machine, we can overcome our thirst and hunger with icy cold, sweet flavored drinks." Anyway, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do yoga again. It was really funny and interesting. I loved It. How about you, In kyung?

    ReplyDelete