Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Reflection on My Goals

     Remember that my second post was my goals for thirty days in GLPS camp? Well, believe it or not, it is the last week of GLPS camp. I cannot believe that I have to leave my new friends I made here and the new teachers. Now, I will have to reflect back on my goals and think about if I have achieved my goals or not.

     My first goal was to learn to play golf and learn kendo. I played golf for two classes every week, and I think I learned a lot. I learned the basic things of golf-such as position and how to swing. Additionally, I learned kendo at the first week of GLPS. I learned positions, the names for each position, and also the order of them. The major achievement was that everyone gathered in teams and made their own arrangement (to stand in what shape). I think I have achieved this goal and I hope to learn more about golf and kendo after GLPS. :P
   
     My second goal was to become more self-confident in expressing my thoughts and in presentations. I also think that I achieved this goal. I am really quiet in my class at school I usually go to, but in GLPS, I became very outgoing. This helped me make more friends and to communicate easily. I learned that being self-confident helps you in many ways. One of them is that you can be better because you are believing in yourself. Also, expressing your thoughts sometimes look like that you are being aggressive, but I learned that you can say your thoughts about situations without making the other person think of you as being rude. Along with expressing my thoughts, I have made a goal to be confident in presentations. I have improved a lot in history presentations. I feel more free to talk to a huge crowd of people. This goal was the most helpful for me and will be further on with my life, such as being chosen for the class representative for speech contest.

     My third goal was that I will develop my teamwork skills. This goal was pretty well achieved. I learned to get along with a variety of people. Everyone thinks that working as a team is hard and sometimes that is because that we usually work as individuals in our usual classes at school. However, in GLPS, especially debate, you always have to work as a team. Sometimes, I was in a team with my friends whose thoughts really matched with me, or sometimes I was in a team with friends who had just the opposite thoughts than me. But as I worked more times as a team, I attained a skill to persuade the other person or to sometimes to yield. I also think that our whole class improved on teamwork skills. On our first debate, we had some collisions in debate, but as time passed by, there were fewer and fewer collisions.

     I feel really splendid that I achieved my goals. Even though I will have to work more to make myself a better person, I have taken small steps already. I plan to make new goals for my life, and keep taking small steps toward my new goals I would make.

No comments:

Post a Comment