Friday, August 2, 2013

Movie Review-Princess Bride

     Last week, I watched a movie called "The Princess Bride." It was produced in 1987 by Rob Reiner. It's genre is Romance Fantasy.
     The movie starts out with a sick grandson and his grandfather reading him a book. The book's story is the movie's plot. It's about Buttercup and Westley's true love, so the grandson didn’t like it in the beginning. However, as the book was read on, he started to like it and even asked his grandfather to read it again the next day.
Westley and Buttercup used to live in the same village. When Westley left, Buttercup realized that she loved him. But Prince Humperdink wanted her as his bride. He wanted to kill Buttercup and make an excuse to start a war. Then, Westley went to her rescue. At the Cliff of Insanity, Westley defeated the Spaniard and a giant called Fezzik. Since they were just fighting with him because they were told to by Prince Humperdink, Spaniard, Fezzik, and Westley became friends after Westley won.
     When Westley went to Prince Humperdink's castle to save Buttercup, he was tortured at the Pit of despair. Prince Humperdink used a very vicious machine to torture Westley almost to death.
When Spaniard and Fezzik arrived, they saved Westley from Prince Humperdink, and brought him to Miracle Max, who then brought Westely back to life. Then Spaniard and Fezzik carried Westley to the castle. There, Buttercup and Westley reunited and Spaniard could kill Count Rugen as a revenge because Count Rugen killed his dad. Before the Spaniard killed Prince Humperdink, he was shouting, “You killed my father, prepare to die.” He said it over and over, which made the audience laugh.
     This movie was really interesting. At first, I thought it would be a boring movie, because of the title, "The Princess Bride." But the movie surprised me. It was really interesting. I especially liked the part where grandson asked his grandfather to read it again the next day. He said it like he was sorry that he thought it would be boring. He was really cute. I also liked the part where Fezzik squashed Westley between him and a humongous rock. Everyone laughed. Because the movie was interesting to me after I watched it, I learned not to "judge a book by its cover."
     I also learned one leadership skill. If Westley didn't believe in himself that he can save Buttercup, he wouldn't have been able to go through the torture Prince Humperdink gave him. He also wouldn’t have been able to defeat Fezzik and Spaniard. Moreover, he wouldn’t have been able to save Buttercup. From Westley, I could learn that if you believe in yourself, anything is possible.
     I strongly recommend this movie because it was humorous and adventurous at the same time. No matter you are a girl or a boy, young or old, you can all enjoy this movie. If I go home, I want to recommend my family to watch this movie. I think they will enjoy it.
    





1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this review, especially the conclusion; recommending a movie is actually a large part of a review.

    ReplyDelete